A 10GbE-connected spectrum analyzer perfect for mmWave analysis
The SM435C is a high-performance spectrum analyzer and monitoring receiver with a 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ port, enabling the SM435C to communicate with a PC over long distances using a fiber optic cable. Designed for affordable remotely-located accurate RF data analysis up to 43.5 GHz, the SM435C is perfect for:
- 5G mmWave monitoring & analysis
- 24 GHz ISM frequency monitoring
- Complete Ka band spectrum testing
- Analysis of emerging & new high-frequency RF signals
Tuning from 100 kHz to 43.5 GHz, the SM435C has 160 MHz continuous streaming I/Q over 10GbE SFP+, 110 dB of dynamic range, 1THz/sec sweep speed at 30kHz RBW (using Nuttall windowing), and phase noise performance low enough to contribute less than 0.1% error to EVM measurements and rival even the most expensive spectrum analyzers on the market.
The smaller form factor of the SM435C allows it to inconspicuously fit in the corner of a test bench, or secured in a conveniently-sized enclosure.
This analyzer features:
- An SFP+ port for fast, long-distance communication with a PC using an optic cable
- 160 MHz continuous streaming I/Q over 10GbE SFP+
- Device control and data transfer occurs via SFP+ connection, not USB
- Tunes range of 100 kHz to 43.5 GHz
- 20 MHz to 43.5 GHz sub-octave preselector
- Sweeps at 1 THz/sec at 30 kHz RBW
- 110 dB of dynamic range
- Ultra-low phase noise
- GPIO port for antenna switching
The SM435C includes all required software for operation. As with other Signal Hound devices, our Spike software provides the device controls, signal visualization display, and data export tools. Spike offers a variety of analysis modes and provides specific tools for EMC precompliance testing, interference hunting, and digital demodulation, among others.
For TSCM-specific applications, the SM435C is also compatible with the Kestrel and SCEPTRE software packages for the ultimate in affordable and powerful countermeasure solutions.